Your Guide to Buying the Best GMAT Books
A graduate management education can offer you the advantage over your competitors in the career world. Likewise, it can mean the difference between advancing in your career and staying right where you are. But, the first step toward attaining that education is successfully completing the Graduate Management Admissions Test or GMAT. Most individuals preparing for the GMAT have been working for several years or are just simply out of the habit of taking tests, so effective test prep can make all the difference. The key to this type of preparation is effective test preparation materials. That being said, no two GMAT books are the same, so consider these tips for purchasing the best GMAT book on the market.
1. Strategies and Techniques—Like many other standardized tests, the GMAT is more about knowing how to test than knowing everything that might be on the test. Keeping that in mind, look for a book that offers a variety of testing strategies and techniques that will help you prepare for how to address the test.
2. Practice Tests and Questions—Another factor that is involved with getting higher test scores is knowing and understanding the format of the test and being comfortable with the way questions are asked on the test. The best GMAT prep books include a variety of test questions as well as actual practice tests to help you become more familiar with the format of the test and its questions.
3. Content—Additionally, knowing the actual content that the test addresses is important. The GMAT covers a variety of areas including reading comprehension, critical reasoning, sentence correction, problem solving, and data analysis. Look for a book that covers all of these sections or at least the ones with which you need the most review and assistance.
4. Reliable—It should go without saying, but when looking for a GMAT test prep book, be sure to find one that is reliable and referenced. Most of the test prep books on the market today are offered by relevant companies that have put the time in to research and compile appropriate test preparation material, but be sure to do your research anyway.
The GMAT is a test that assesses how you think more than what you know. So, effectively preparing for this test using a GMAT focused book is important. With a little bit of content review and lot of problem solving, analyzing, and structured thinking, you’ll be well on your way to acing the GMAT.
GMAT Prep Plus 2018: 6 Practice Tests + Proven Strategies + Online + Video + Mobile (Kaplan Test Prep)
GMAT Official Guide 2018 Bundle: Books + Online
GMAT Official Guide 2018: Book + Online (Official Guide for Gmat Review)
- GMAT Prep Plus 2018 6 Practice Tests Proven Strategies Online Video Mobile
Number of Pages
- ISBN: 1506220428
- EAN: 9781506220420
- ISBN: 1119396174
- EAN: 9781119396178
- MPN: 47441973
- ISBN: 1119387477
- EAN: 9781119387473
Education Book Review: Critical Reasoning GMAT Strategy Guide, 5th Edition (Manhattan GMAT Strate...
http://www.EducationBookMix.com This is the summary of Critical Reasoning GMAT Strategy Guide, 5th Edition (Manhattan GMAT Strategy Guides) by Manhattan GMAT.
How to make the most out of a GMAT review book?
Q: So I am now preparing to take my GMATs (the exam I need to get into graduate school to get my MBA fyi) and I recently bought a review book. I am planning on getting a book just on math and one on critical reasoning since those are my worst topics that will be on the GMAT. Should I actually write...
A: The goal is not to repeat specific problems until you memorize the solution (which you will eventually, even if you don't write them down). Take the practice test to get a baseline, figure out what question categories you're specifically getting tripped up on, and focus on those questions. There...