HF Vertical Antenna
Solarcon I-MAX 2000 CB/Ham Radio Base Station Vertical Antenna - 24'
Comet Original CHA-250B HF/50 MHz (3.5~57) Broadband Ground-Plane Vertical Base Antenna
SSB ANTENNA 23 foot, 2 Piece,
- 5.1dBI Gain. Operates effectively on 6 through 20 Meter bands with a tuner, 10/11M without tuner.
- Full 5/8 Wave Antenna
- Handles 5000 Watts
- Weight: 7 lbs 1 oz
- Max Power: 250W SSB
- Connector: SO-239
- SHAKESPEARE ELECTRONICS 390, SHA390
- Origin of Components: USA and/or Imported
- Assembled in Country of Origin: USA and/or Imported
- Shipping Weight (in pounds): 7.67
- Chrome-plated brass ferrules, bottom ferrule has 1"-14 threadSide feed termination bandSuggested mount: Shakespeare Style 409-R or 410-R Mounting Kit for deck or side mountingTwo sections: Base 162"; Tip 112"Shakespeare...
- EAN: 0792161003265
- MPN: IMAX-2000
- UPC: 792161003265
- EAN: 0702646177787
- MPN: CHA-250B
- UPC: 702646177787
- EAN: 0719441600013
- MPN: 390
- UPC: 719441600013
Homebrew HF Vertical Antenna
This is the Cabela 16.5 Classic Crappie fishing pole. I used 1/4" copper tape as the conductor in each section.
where are the HF antennas located on an aircraft?
Q: Aircraft have HF comms and therfire have an HF antenna, what do they look like and where are they mounted.
A: Many of them are located in the leading edge of the vertical stab. Some aircraft use a long wire, but that is old technology. Modern antenna couplers allow for the use of short shunt bars. If you look at older C-130s, they had two long wires for the #1 and #2 system. Modern H models have theirs...