Push Lawn Mower Buying Guide
There are a number of factors to consider when it comes to buying a push mower. It may seem overwhelming at first due to the variety of styles and options, but with a few tips, the right mower can easily be found.
The first thing to consider would be the size of the yard that needs to be mowed and how the mower will be used. For the smallest of yards, a simple manual reel mower might do the job. For small to mid sized yards, the push mower is all that is needed. For medium to larger lawns, a riding mower might be in order.
A push mower comes in a variety of styles. The standard gas powered, walk behind mower has been a staple for many homeowners for years. For especially hilly locations, a self-propelled mower could be the best option. And for people that are environmentally friendly or are looking for a low maintenance option, cordless battery powered mowers are perfect.
Bagging is a factor that needs to be considered as well. Not all mowers come equipped with a debris bagger. This may not be an option or may be an accessory that needs to be purchased additionally. Bagging the grass clippings is often a personal preference. Some people prefer to use a mulching mower and leave the clippings on the ground, while others prefer to rake or bag the clippings for a more well manicured look. This decision needs to be made up front, because many mulching mowers are not equipped to be fitted with a bagging unit.
As with every purchase, pricing is something that needs addressed. A manual reel mower or gas powered mower can cost as low as $100, while cordless mowers can be $300 and up. A self-propelled mower can be from $200 to $400. Although price should be a factor, they type of mower needed for the lawn should dictate the type of unit to purchase.
When it comes to making that final decision, it does not hurt to get the advise of fellow neighbors and check out reviews online. Since this is a major purchase, the hope is that the mower will last for many years to come. By making the right purchase, the yard will be well groomed and looking great in no time at all.
Push Lawn Mower
Great States 204-14 14-Inch Deluxe Hand Reel Push Lawn Mower
Great States 415-16 16-Inch Standard Full Feature Push Reel Lawn Mower With T-Style Handle And Heat Treated Blades
GreenWorks 25052 16-Inch Reel Lawn Mower with Grass Catcher
- Cutting height 1/2-Inch to 1-1/2-Inch with adjustable 3-section roller
- Alloy steel reel and bed knife blade
- Steel side plates and formed torsion tube
- 10-inch ball bearing wheels
- Heat treated blades stay sharp longer, making a quality cut
- 16-inch cutting width
- 4 position height adjustment offers a range of cutting height from 1 1/8" to 2 1/4" for the perfect cut on all grass...
- 16" cutting path gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- 10" front wheels and 2" rear rollers makes it easy to maneuver across your lawn
Product in Inches (L x W x H)
Assembled in Country of Origin
Origin of Components
Multi Pack Indicator
Shipping Weight (in pounds)
- Mulching Capable: No
- Overall Product Weight: 25lbs
- Cutting Width: 16"
- Puncture Resistant Tires: Yes
- Programmable: No
- Pieces Included: Mower, assembly hardware, owner's manual
- Hour Meter Included: No
- Minimum Cutting Height: 0.5"
- Number of Items Included: 3
- Maximum Cutting Height: 2.25"
- Eco-Friendly: Yes
- Number of Wheels: 2
- Country of Manufacture: China
- Front Tire Diameter: 10"
- Bumper Included: No
- Material: Steel; Plastic; OtherMaterial Details: Composite, Aluminum, RubberHardware Material: Steel; Aluminum
- Hardware Material: Steel; Aluminum
- Product Warranty: 1 Year limited warranty
- Discharge Location: Rear
- Number of Blades: 5
- Front Tire Width: 2"
- Power Source: Hand powered
- Additional Parts Required: No
- Clippings Bag Included: No
- Intended Use: Residential
- Product Type: Reel mower
- Handle Included: YesSeat Included: No
- Oil Filter Included: No
- Tempered alloy steel reel and bed knife blade Unbreakable steel side plate Cutting height with adjustable 4-section roller Wheel height adjustable in 3 positions Chrome plated handle with flared type design Cushioned handle grips Product Details Number of Wheels: 2
- Seat Included: No
- Overall: 47" H x 24" W x 20" D
- Outdoor Use: Yes
- Finish: Silver; Black
- EAN: 0052909020443
- MPN: 204-14
- SKU: 1240-0057
- UPC: 052909020443
- EAN: 0052909041561
- MPN: JEN-2000
- SKU: PS-415-16
- UPC: 052909041561
- EAN: 0841821002893
- MPN: 25052
- SKU: 25052
- UPC: 841821002893
Deluxe Light Push Reel Lawn Mower
http://www.cleanairgardening.com/reel-mower-deluxe.html The deluxe light push reel mower is made by the American Lawnmower Company, and is a good push reel l...
What is a good push lawn mower for tall grass?
Q: I want to get a nice push lawn mower that is eligible to cut lawn grass. My lawn is really long I can't wait any longer to cut it, so I need to buy one today. I was looking to buy one of these at mabe Homedepot or Lowes.
A: just cut at highest level and re-cut till you reach the height you want. slow and easy
Push Reel Mower Backyard Clean Up September 04, 20111
Deals and Coupons
Craftsman 21" 125cc Side Discharge/Mulch Push Lawn Mower $159.99 on sale
Offer ends 08/13/17
|Get It »|
Up to $100 off Craftsman Lawn Mowers
Offer ends 08/13/17
|Get It »|